Invisalign aligners offer their own unique advantages over traditional metal braces! The aligners are clear, which makes them a more discreet option. They are also removable, which allows for ease while eating and better dental hygiene. In terms of results, Invisalign can offer the same results as standard braces!
For more than 2 decades, Invisalign has provided a less invasive, less visible alternative to braces. It uses clear plastic trays perfectly molded to your teeth to slowly adjust your teeth to reveal a straighter smile.
We use Invisalign® to address a variety of orthodontic concerns, including:
Gapped & spaced teeth
How Invisalign® Works
You will work your way through a series of custom-made, clear plastic aligners that gradually shift your teeth into the desired position. These aligners are crafted from a patented thermoplastic material, known for its durability and clarity, ensuring both effectiveness and discretion. We use advanced imaging technology to map out your treatment which means each set will be slightly different to keep your teeth moving incrementally over time. For more complex movements, your orthodontist in West Springfield might include the use of attachments – small, tooth-colored ridges that are temporarily bonded to the teeth. These attachments provide additional grip and direction for the aligner, helping in the precise and efficient movement of your teeth. The combination of these clear aligners and strategically placed attachments allows for effective treatment of a variety of dental alignment issues without the need for traditional braces.
What to Expect
When you visit Trü Orthodontics for your initial Invisalign appointment, we’ll first take a highly accurate digital impression of your teeth. Then, we’ll design a unique series of aligners to slowly adjust the alignment of your teeth to the desired position. Once you’ve discussed the timeline, expectations and finances with your provider, your impressions will be sent to our lab to craft your custom aligner trays. In most cases, you’ll switch to a new set every 2 weeks as your teeth begin to shift. During the course of your treatment, you’ll meet regularly with your West Springfield orthodontist to ensure treatment is going as planned.
Why Choose Trü for Invisalign in West Springfield?
We make it easy for anyone in Northern Virginia to obtain the friendly, effective orthodontic care they deserve with board-certified orthodontists and 4 conveniently located practices!
Our patients receive advanced 3D scanning instead of old-fashioned mold-taking to ensure a flawless fit for your custom Invisalign® aligners.
Building Real Relationships
When you choose Trü Orthodontics, your family gets a lifetime partner along your smile journeys. We truly take the time to know you and your preferences.
Frequently Asked Questions
Whether you’re going with Invisalign or traditional braces, the length of your treatment depends on the current state of your teeth. In general, patients can get results from Invisalign in as little as 12 to 18 months. This timeline is comparable if not even shorter than braces.
One of the most important factors in the success of Invisalign is consistency! We always ask our patients to wear their aligners for 20 to 22 hours a day. That means even when you’re sleeping. The only time you should remove your aligners is to eat and to perform dental hygiene.
Yes! Trü Orthodontics in West Springfield offers a range of financing options, which can be utilized by both insured and uninsured patients. Our goal is to make orthodontic treatment more affordable with flexible and accessible payment solutions. This includes monthly promotions, discounts for those without insurance, and extended payment plans serviced by Cherry, our trusted third-party agency.
Most patients report feeling minor discomfort at the beginning of treatment and when starting a new aligner set. The discomfort is generally mild and fleeting, and can be treated with over-the-counter pain medication like ibuprofen or Tylenol.
Invisalign is suitable for almost every patient, however certain criteria can improve treatment outcomes:
- Patient Age and Dental Maturity: Ideal candidates are typically teenagers or adults whose teeth and jawbones have fully developed. Younger patients may still be changing, which can affect treatment.
- Mild to Moderate Orthodontic Issues: Invisalign is most effective for mild to moderate dental misalignments, such as overbites, underbites, crossbites, gaps, and crowded teeth. More complex issues might require traditional braces.
- Patient Compliance: One of the key factors for success with Invisalign is wearing the aligners for the recommended 20-22 hours per day. Non-compliance can significantly prolong treatment or reduce its effectiveness.
- Good Oral Hygiene: Maintaining excellent oral hygiene is crucial during treatment. Poor oral health can lead to complications and impact the overall success of the treatment.
- Regular Follow-Up Visits: Regular appointments are essential for monitoring progress and making necessary adjustments to the treatment plan.
- Condition of Teeth and Gums: Healthy teeth and gums respond better to orthodontic treatment. Issues like gum disease or weakened teeth might need to be addressed before or during treatment.
Cleaning your aligners properly is essential to maintain their clarity and hygiene. Here are some practical tips to follow daily:
- Rinse Aligners Regularly: Every time you remove your aligners, rinse them under lukewarm water. Avoid hot water as it can warp the plastic.
- Brush and Soak Aligners: Use a soft-bristled toothbrush to gently brush your aligners. Do not use toothpaste, as it can be abrasive and cloud the plastic. For a deeper clean, soak them in a denture cleaner or a cleaning solution specifically designed for aligners, like the Invisalign Cleaning Crystals.
- Brush and Floss Your Teeth Before Reinserting Aligners: Ensure your teeth are clean before putting the aligners back in. This prevents trapping food particles or plaque between your teeth and the aligners.
- Avoid Colored or Sugary Drinks While Wearing Aligners: Drinking colored or sugary beverages with aligners in can stain them and increase the risk of tooth decay.
- Store Aligners Safely When Not in Use: Use the case provided to store your aligners when you’re not wearing them to keep them safe and clean.
If your aligner tray has broken or been misplaced, it’s important to follow these steps:
- Stop Wearing the Broken Aligner: If the aligner is broken, stop wearing it immediately to avoid any potential harm to your teeth or gums.
- Use Your Previous Aligner: Temporarily revert to wearing your previous set of aligners if available. This helps maintain the progress you’ve made in your treatment until you receive a replacement.
- Contact Us: Get in touch with our office ASAP so we can arrange a replacement.
- Follow Your Orthodontist’s Advice: Your orthodontist in West Springfield, VA, might advise you to continue wearing the last set of aligners or provide specific instructions until you can be seen. In some cases, they might order a replacement aligner, which can take some time to arrive.
- Avoid Long Delays: It’s important to address the issue quickly. Not wearing an aligner for an extended period can result in your teeth moving back towards their original position, potentially prolonging your treatment.
- Discuss Adjustments to Your Treatment Plan: Once you visit your orthodontist, they might adjust your treatment plan as needed, depending on how long you were without an aligner.